The creation of the Alfa Romeo badge dates back to 1910 when Alfa was founded in Milan.
The two well-known symbols that it includes, the Red Cross of the municipal banner and the Visconti serpent became the emblems of the Lombard car manufacturer. Since the early years of the 20th Century, the badge has always remained true to itself and undergone very few changes.
The first badge dates back to a period from 1910 to 1915. The name A.L.F.A., which stood for Anonima Lombarda Fabbrica Automobili, appeared from the very beginning, flanked by heraldic symbols of the Visconti household, within a circular shape. The circle divided into two parts contains a red cross on a white background in the left side while the right side contains the serpent-dragon of the Visconti family devouring an enemy. The words Alfa and Milano were separated by two Savoy knots that the badge incorporated until the fall of the monarchy in Italy.
The last restyling dates back to the 1980s, when the badge increased in diameter and the laurel crown disappeared. For Alfa aficionados throughout the world, the Alfa Romeo badge has always been a marriage of passion and sportiness; a symbol of true and genuine values, a never-ending love affair.
Distinguishing feature of a motor vehicle, the front-end makes the car and model recognisable at first glance. This is true of Alfa Romeo, a traditionally sporting brand where the front-end looks both attractive and aggressive, conveying the quality and sophistication of engineering excellence.